We at homeyou ("we" or "us") respect your privacy and are committed to protecting it through our compliance with this policy.
This policy describes the types of information we may collect from you or that you may provide when you visit our website www.homeyou.com (the "Website") (and all websites and URL's that link directly to this policy, unless otherwise specified) or use our services, or otherwise provide us with information through various means, and our practices for collecting, using, maintaining, protecting and disclosing such information.
This policy applies to information we collect:
- On this Website.
- In email, text, and other electronic messages between you and this Website.
- When you interact with our advertising and applications on third-party websites and services, if those applications or advertising include links to this policy.
It does not apply to information collected by:
- Us offline or through any other means, including on any other website operated by any third-party (including our affiliates and subsidiaries), or information you provide us by telephone or other means of communication not stated above.
If you have any questions about our privacy practices, please refer to the end of this policy for information on how to contact us.
INFORMATION WE COLLECT
The information that we collect can be categorized into three (3) categories: (1) information you voluntarily submit to us through the Website; (2) information collected automatically as you use the Website; and (3) information about you that we receive from third parties. Information that we collect, whether you have provided it to us directly, or not, may be sent to servers located in the United States and other countries around the world.
Personal Information collected, may include:
- your name;
- your address;
- your email address;
- your telephone number (home and/or mobile);
- information related to your service request, including the location of the request, the type of services requested, the size and scope of the work requested, the approximate value of the services requested, pricing information, and other information that can be used to provide you with a service provider capable of fulfilling your request; and
- other personal information we deem pertinent to our business function, and which you provide to us directly.
We may also periodically obtain personal and non-personal information about you from business partners, contractors, advertisers, and other third parties, that we may combine with information that we already have, and which may include, but is not limited to:
- updated service and address information;
- purchase history;
- additional demographic information;
- data regarding your interactions with our email messages, e.g. whether you open or forward messages from us, date and time of such interactions, and the device used to read emails;
- time, date and duration of your visit(s) to the Website;
- automatically collected visitor data, including the web pages, content and advertising you view and interact with, and the links you click on while navigating the Website;
- the sites you visit before and after visiting our Website;
- internet protocol (IP) addresses and/or mobile device identification numbers that can identify the approximate geographic location of the device used to access the Website;
- search terms entered by you on our Website or a referral website;
- data relating to the device used to access our Website, including: type of device, screen size, language settings, browser, operating system, time zone, internet domain and host names, and information relating to the names, versions and package identifications of software installed on your device;
- information from third-party service providers, contractors, and contractor networks regarding service request;
- analytics, advertising services, and other information from third-party service providers that may help us verify service requests.
- Cookies are small data text files (often containing a unique identifier) that we may use to recognize repeat visitors in order to facilitate access to our Website and to track usage behavior and compile usage information that allows for the improvement of content and targeted advertising. Most browsers allow you to control whether or not to accept cookies from individual sites. Please note, however, that some features of the Website may not work properly if cookies are blocked. You may also get cookies from our advertisers or other third parties, as is standard practice in the internet industry. We have no control over these cookies.
- Other technologies may also be employed to record non-personal information. We may use "web beacons", which are alternately referred to as "clear GIFS", "pixels", or "tracer tags". Web beacons are embedded in the code of a web page and are used to monitor the traffic patterns of users from one area within the website to another, to deliver or communicate with cookies, and/or to understand if users came to the website through an online advertisement from a third-party site. We may link the information we record using cookies or other tracking technology to information we have stored.
- Information collected by third-parties. We may also allow third-parties, including our service providers, advertising networks, advertising companies, and lead generation affiliates, partners, or third-parties, to display advertisements on our Website. These companies may use tracking technologies, such as cookies or web beacons, to collect information about visitors who view or interact with their advertisements. This data allows these third-parties to monitor their targeted advertising and measure effectiveness. Some of these third-party advertising networks may be members of the Network Advertising Initiative, which offers a single location to opt out of targeted advertising from member companies. Visit www.networkadvertising.org to learn more.
Interest Based Advertising and IP Targeting. We may work with data providers to serve advertising to you through display media or other methods. These data providers may use personal information that we have collected or that you have provided to us or to third parties, to locate you online, such as when you visit or log in to websites or mobile applications. This information may be linked to online identifiers or IP addresses assigned to you, your computer, or mobile device(s), and to demographic or interest-based data, in order to target you with relevant advertising, including advertising about the products or services we or other third parties provide. To learn more about or opt out of this and other interest-based advertising, please visit the industry opt-out pages operated by the Digital Advertising Alliance (DAA), at http://www.aboutads.info and by the Network Advertising Initiative (NAI) at http://networkadvertising.org.
HOW WE USE THE INFORMATION WE COLLECT
Service Providers and Service Provider Networks. When you submit a request for a quote or services, we will share the information you voluntarily provided to us with third-party service providers and/or third-party service provider network operators that may assist you with your request.; The information that we provide to service providers and service provider networks includes personally identifiable information that is necessary to fulfill your request, such as your name, geographic area, telephone number, email, and service-specific information.
Corporate Parents, Subsidiaries and Affiliates. We may share any information collected by us through the Website or that we obtain through third-party efforts (and any information we combine with such information) with our corporate parents, subsidiaries and other affiliated businesses and websites.
Third-party Vendors. We share information generated by cookies and other technologies with our authorized third-party vendors that perform certain services on our behalf. These services may include performing website analytics services related to user activity on the Website, merchant processing, internet security, customer service and marketing assistance, business and sales analysis, and supporting website functionality. These third-party vendors may have access to personal information necessary to perform their functions but are not permitted to share or use such information for any other purposes.
Advertisers and Marketing Affiliates. We may share information that we have automatically collected with advertisers who collect the same type of information that we collect and for the same purposes. These third-party advertisers may be able to associate information they collect with information that they have about you from outside sources. These advertisers may employ cookies or other types of tracking technologies that we do not have control over, but you may be able to opt-out of some of their practices by visiting www.networkadvertising.org. We may also share your email address and other information that you provide to us to any third-party marketing affiliates that originally referred you to us.
Anonymous Information. We reserve the right to share any non-personal information about you in an aggregated or otherwise anonymous form, which does not personally identify you with any third-parties, as we deem appropriate or necessary to our business operations and objectives and consistent with this policy.
Other Situations. We may also disclose your information:
- In response to subpoenas, court orders, or other legal process; to exercise our legal rights; to defend against legal claims; or as required by applicable law;
- When we reasonably believe it is appropriate to take action regarding suspected illegal activity; suspected fraud or other wrongdoing; to defend and protect the rights, property or safety of the Website, our users and/or in connection with this policy or other terms or conditions applicable to this Website, we may share your information to reasonably assist in the termination of such activities; and
- We may also share your information in connection with a corporate transaction including, asset sale, merger, consolidation, divestiture, or bankruptcy.
Any third-parties to whom we may share personal information may have their own privacy policies which describe how they use and disclose personal information. Those policies will govern use, handling and disclosure of your personal information once we have shared it with those third-parties as described in this policy. If you want to learn more about their privacy practices, we encourage you to visit those other third-party websites. Such entities or their servers may be located either inside or outside of the United States.
You may choose not to provide us with any personal information or you may turn off cookies in your web browser by changing your browser settings. If you make these decisions, you may visit the Website and browse the generally available content, but we cannot process service requests or other services without this information.
If you do not wish to receive information and/or promotional materials from us through email, you may choose to opt-out of any such emails by using the unsubscribe link in the footer of any commercial email message we send. Note that opting out of our commercial emails will not prevent further email or other contacts from third-party service providers or third-party service provider network operators that we have shared your service requests. To opt-out of these communications, you must contact the applicable service provider or service provider network operators directly or use the unsubscribe or opt-out mechanisms they provide.
HOW WE PROTECT YOUR INFORMATION
We adopt appropriate data collection, storage and processing practices and security measures to protect against unauthorized access, alteration, disclosure or destruction of your personal information, service request data, and data captured through your use of the Website.
Sensitive data, such as personal information you submit to the Website occurs over secure socket layer (SSL) communication channels and is encrypted and protected with digital signatures. Your information may be transferred to, and maintained on, computers and/or servers located outside the jurisdiction you reside. Please be aware that the privacy laws where your information is transferred may offer more or less protection than the laws where you live. By voluntarily submitting information to us, you consent to have your information transferred to, processed, and stored in the United States and outside the United States, irrespective of what geographic region you are located.
We do not intend for the Website to be used by individuals under the age of 18 and do not knowingly allow anyone under the age of 13 to provide us with personally identifying information online. If you are under the age of 13, please do not submit service request or otherwise provide us with any personally identifying information. If you are under the age of 18 you may use the Services only if you are an emancipated minor or possess legal parental or guardian consent and are fully able and competent to agree to this policy and the other terms and conditions of the Website.
CALIFORNIA PRIVACY RIGHTS
This section contains information on the personal information we collect about residents of California (our “California Consumers”), including the sources of that information, how that informed is used, who it is shared with, and the rights that California Consumers have under California law. Our collection of your information, our data sharing practices, and your privacy rights are discussed below.
|What Information Do We Collect About You?||Where Do We Collect this Information From?||Why Do We Collect this Information?||Who Do We Share this Information With?|
|Contact Information (Name, Email, Postal Address, Zip Code, Telephone Number)||
|Account/Registration Information (Name, username, and password)||
|Demographic Information (age, race, gender)||
|Online Identifiers (IP addresses, device IDs, and other internal and third party identifiers we use to recognize you online)||
|Online activity information (browsing history, search history, information about your interactions with our Services)||
|Interests, Preferences and other Behavioral Data (including purchase behaviors)||
VISITING OUR WEBSITE OUTSIDE THE UNITED STATES
This policy is intended to cover our collection of information on our Website from residents of the United States, and no other countries. If you are visiting our Website from outside of the United States, please understand that your information may be transferred to, stored, and processed in the United States where our servers are located and our central database is operated. The data protection and other laws of the United States and other countries may not be as comprehensive as those in the country in which you are accessing the Website. By visiting the Website and using the services therein, you understand that your information may be transferred to our facilities and those third parties with whom we share it as described in this policy.
CHANGES TO THIS POLICY
We reserve the right to occasionally update this police in the future. At such time, we will also revise the "last revised" date found at the top of the policy. We encourage you to periodically review this policy. You acknowledge and agree that it is your sole responsibility to review this policy periodically for modifications.
HOW TO CONTACT US